Project Manager/Meeting Planner I – Job Description
Cadence Communications & Research is a healthcare communications and research firm focused on helping patients by supporting our clients through greater awareness, knowledge, and understanding of their markets. We offer services in two interrelated areas: Medical Communications and Market Research. Our innovative approach to project work leverages our capabilities across our practice area to drive efficiencies and deeper insights for all our clients.
We offer a fun environment with excellent benefits that include medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) with company match. We work hard but enjoy our chosen careers and our company. If you are looking for a place where you can make a contribution, grow your career and be part of a team, please review the qualifications below.
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate is an energetic, creative individual with a strong work ethic and high standards, who is a self-starter and cares deeply about providing concierge-level customer service. Meeting Planners must work efficiently on several projects simultaneously, have strong time management skills, and maintain enthusiasm in a constantly changing environment. Meeting Planners should have exemplary communication skills for extensive interactions with clients, team members, and vendors. Candidates must exercise careful attention to detail, particularly in planning and reconciling project budgets and other financial records for accounting and compliance.
A Meeting Planner must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, meet deadlines, and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends. The role would be operated from a home office with regular onsite travel. This position would require 25% travel, which would primarily occur over weekends. Experience in Medical Meetings is preferred.
- Provide superior client support and onsite management for all assigned meeting projects.
- Provide excellence in planning meetings (pre-planning, onsite execution, and post-meeting wrap-up)
- Manage travel, lodging, and expenses for participants traveling to meetings
- Manage technology vendor for virtual projects
- Assist in financial management, including budget creation, monitoring revenue/expenses for assigned projects, and timely/accurate reporting
- Schedule and lead conference calls with clients for project updates
- Act as liaison to expert physicians and high-level clients
- Develop task lists and timelines for projects to guarantee that timelines are met
- Produce program materials
- Research appropriate venues and negotiate contracts
- Perform general administrative work, such as creating and/or updating project documents
- Travel to programs and manage logistics onsite
- Responsible for post-program budget reconciliations and aggregate spend reporting
- Adapt to changing client procedures and processes
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with clients and vendors
- Proactively seek out methods to improve self-performance and efficiency of operation tasks
- Travel domestically and internationally, and work overtime as needed
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a meeting planner or project manager
- Experience with healthcare and KOL management meetings a plus
- Proven proactive problem-solving skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency using current digital technology, including mobile computing, cloud-based tools, Microsoft Office, and mail merges; general internet search proficiency.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized, with strong multi-tasking skills
- Team-oriented, positive attitude is essential
- Capable of making solid and quick judgment calls in a crisis
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Proven self-starter with initiative and follow-through
- Ability to prioritize and schedule tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with virtual and hybrid meetings and knowledge of multiple virtual technologies
- Available to travel to live events (on average 25% including weekends)
- Ability to work directly with clients in a responsible, appropriate, and service-oriented way
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Salary Range $68K
Submit your resume to Stephanie Miller email@example.com or apply on LinkedIn